The Women in Motorcycling Working Group are planning a social media campaign focused on the History of Motorcycling in Africa, highlighting the role women have on the continent.
We are soliciting your assistance in collecting as much historical data; photos, articles, information, or personal stories about the history of motorcycling and especially motorcycling sports or leisure activities in your FMNs.
Topics of interest would include:
- History of how, where, and when Motorcycles came onto the scene in your country?
- How did clubs/groups and activities develop around this?
- History of Motorcycling Sport development specifically, linked with AMU/FIMA.
- Stories/pictures/newspapers or magazine cuttings, both old and new, of people or initiatives that involve motorcycling that have made an impact in various areas:
• Riders, officials, advocates, trainers, organisers, and anyone in governance.
Any key milestones.
Highlights of any women who have had an impact in motorcycling in either:
• Role models
We would also like to select individuals to share their stories, focusing on what impact they have had with motorcycling or what motorcycling has had on them:
Your recommendations or suggestions of people who would be suitable for this purpose would be welcome.
Kindly forward any information to my attention in soft copy, preferably via email@example.com or the FIM Africa secretariat on firstname.lastname@example.org by the latest 31 August 2022.
Feel free to contact me should you have any queries, comments, or suggestions.
Issued on behalf of Julie Matiba-Wahome – FIM AFRICA Women in Motorcycling Working Group Chair