This award will honour and recognise an exceptional volunteer who has worked at FMN national events for the past 3 years.
A volunteer who has demonstrated significant contribution or commitment in volunteering/helping; at a FMN National Event, a FIM AFRICA “Supported” event or a FIM AFRICA event.
In presenting this award, FIM Africa hopes to raise the recognition profile of volunteers; including those on race day, at the venue and before the event who have contributed their time be it; Track preparation, Administration etc.
The eligibility of this award is open to any volunteer within the FIM Africa and National Federation community who:
- Has not received monetary reimbursement for their time and effort
- Has helped the FMN meet the FIM Africa expectations for the event
- Does not sit on a FIM Africa Commission during the current year
- May perform race day roles including, but in no way limited to Timekeeper, Secretary, Marshal, Official, Medical, Environmental etc.
Criteria: These finalists and ultimate winner must have demonstrated qualities in line with FIM Africa values, and may include but is not limited to the following:
- Fulfilling their role with enthusiasm, professionalism and fairness
- Striving to act above and beyond their expected voluntary position or role
- Showing initiative for programs to encourage participation and sense of community
- Championing a cause to raise awareness or funds of a particular event i.e. Rhinos
The judging panel for the award will be the Council of FIM Africa