Please find enclosed the Press Release / FIM MXGP/MX2/ Women’s Motocross World Championships 2020 Calendar UPDATE 18 August
In view with the evolution of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and associated restrictions that affect the MXGP calendar, Infront Moto Racing and the FIM have had to modify the 2020 calendar.
The objective remains the same: to maintain a credible championship with a high number of events allowing teams and riders to meet their commitments with sponsors and manufacturers.
Unfortunately, the MXGP of Turkey in Afyonkarahasir on 6 September and the MXGPs of Portugal in Agueda (TBC) and Russia in Orlyonok (TBC) have been postponed to 2021.
There will be also three consecutive events in Faenza (Italy):
• The MXGP of Italy on 6 September
• The MXGP of Città di Faenza on 9 September
• The MXGP of Emilia Romagna on 13 September.
MXGP will then head to Mantova (Italy) for three more consecutive events:
• The MXGP of Lombardia on 27 September
• The MXGP of Città di Mantova on 30 September
• The MXGP of Europe on 4 October.
The calendar includes further changes with another three consecutive events in Pietramurata (Italy):
• The MXGP of Trentino will be held on 1 November
• New on the calendar is the MXGP of Pietramurata, scheduled on 4 November
• New on the calendar is the MXGP of Garda – Trentino, scheduled on 8 November.
The MXGP of Patagonia in Neuquen (Argentina) remains part of the 2020 FIM Motocross World Championship calendar as TBC depending on the ongoing national conditions.
The updated 2020 calendar now features three triple-headers in Italy. This decision has been made in order hold the maximum number of events possible in order to provide for a competitive championship, as well as to reduce the amount of travel for all stakeholders.
Infront Moto Racing and the FIM would like to thank the National Federations, organisers, the manufacturers, partners, riders, teams and fans for their cooperation, patience, understanding and support.